Synapse is a semantic launcher written in Vala that you can use to start applications as well as find and access relevant documents and files by making use of the Zeitgeist engine.
The latest release comes with more updated features.
- Applications – searches your desktop files
- Banshee – allows you to play/enqueue music files in Banshee
- Commands – runs any command (ie. "sudo apt-get update")
- Devhelp – search documentation using Devhelp
- Dictionary – find definitions of words
- Directory search – allows opening of commonly used directories
- Gnome session – log out, shut down, restart
- Hybrid search – complete Zeitgeist results by searching for similar files
- Rhytmbox – play/enqueue music files in Rhythmbox
- UPower – suspend & hibernate your computer
- Zeitgeist – search anything logged by Zeitgeist
Synapse Launcher has several theme options to choose from.
To install Synapse Launcher just run the following commands via your systems terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:synapse-core/testing
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install synapse
Search for "Synapse" in Unity to start the Application.
That's all please enjoy your new Software.