FocusWriter is a simple, distraction-free writing environment. It utilizes a hide-away interface that you access by moving your mouse to the edges of the screen, allowing the program to have a familiar look and feel to it while still getting out of the way so that you can immerse yourself in your work.
The latest veresion is 1.5.3
Source Gottcode: http://gottcode.org/focuswriter/
It’s available for Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X, and has been translated into many different languages.
- TXT, basic RTF, and basic ODT file support
- Timers and alarms
- Daily goals
- Fully customizable themes
- Typewriter sound effects (optional)
- Auto-save (optional)
- Live statistics (optional)
- Spell-checking (optional)
- Multi-document support
- Portable mode (optional)
- Translated into over 20 languages
- Changes in version 1.5.3
- Released on August 17th, 2014
- FIXED: Find did not take smart quotes into account
- FIXED: Style hierarchy was not always loaded in ODT
- FIXED: Ignored text sections in ODT files
- FIXED: Was not reading styles for OOXML files
- Translation updates: Hebrew, Portuguese (Brazil), Swedish
To install Focus Writer just run the following commands via your systems Terminal.