Kdenlive is a free open-source video editor for GNU/Linux and FreeBSD, which supports DV, AVCHD and HDV editing.
Source Kdenlive Homepage: http://www.kdenlive.org/features
The project is Free Software. Do not hesitate to join our community of developers, translators or enthusiast users. For more information, read the following information.
Support for a wide range of codecs and formats:
- Mpeg2, mp4 and h264 video.
- Mp2, mp3 and ac3 audio.
- Lossless video (SNOW lossless codec, etc ...).
- Free video (Ogg vorbis, etc ...).
Kdenlive is the most versatile video editor available today:
- Multitrack edition with a timeline and unlimited number of video and audio tracks.
- Video and audio tracks organized in layers.
- Tools to create, move, crop and delete video clips, audio clips, text clips and image clips.
- Configurable keyboard shortcuts and interface layouts.
- A wide range of effects and transitions. Ability to add custom effects and transitions.
- Non-blocking rendering using a rendering separate application. Stop, pause and restart rendering. Continue to work on your project without any possible loss of data.
- Export to standard formats:
- DV (PAL and NTSC).
- Mpeg2 (PAL, NTSC and HDV) and AVCHD (HDV).
- High quality h264.
- Non-destructive formats.
To Install Kdenlive just run the following commands via your systems Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sunab/kdenlive-release
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kdenlive