SMPlayer is a free media player for Windows and Linux with built-in codecs that can play virtually all video and audio formats. It doesn't need any external codecs. Just install SMPlayer and you'll be able to play all formats without the hassle to find and install codec packs.
Source SM Home: http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/en/info
SM @ Sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/smplayer/
SM First Steps First Use: http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/first-steps.php
One of the most interesting features of SMPlayer: it remembers the settings of all files you play. So you start to watch a movie but you have to leave... don't worry, when you open that movie again it will be resumed at the same point you left it, and with the same settings: audio track, subtitles, volume...
SMPlayer is a graphical user interface (GUI) for the award-winning MPlayer, which is capable of playing almost all known video and audio formats. But apart from providing access for the most common and useful options of MPlayer, SMPlayer adds other interesting features like the possibility to play Youtube videos or download subtitles.
- Fix for Youtube.
- New option to shut down the computer when playback has finished.
- The themes and skin icons are loaded from resource files (*.rcc).
- New fix for searching subtitles from opensubtitles.org that should return more results.
- Support for Youtube. You can search, play and download Youtube videos
- Many video and audio filters are available
- Complete preferences dialog
- Possibility to search and download subtitles from opensubtitles.org
- Thumbnail generator
- Video equalizer
- Seeking by mouse wheel
- Multiple speed playback
- Audio and subtitles delay adjustment
To install the latest SMPlayer just copy the following Commands via your systems Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rvm/smplayer
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install smplayer