BleachBit quickly frees disk space and tirelessly guards your privacy. Free cache, delete cookies, clear Internet history, shred temporary files, delete logs, and discard junk you didn't know was there.
Source BleachBit Homepage: http://bleachbit.sourceforge.net/
Designed for Linux and Windows systems, it wipes clean a thousand applications including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Adobe Flash, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari,and more.
- Firefox: Fix DatabaseError: no such table: moz_hosts
- Firefox: Purge the table moz_hosts in places.sqlite for the option url_history
- Firefox: Delete Necko Predictive Network Actions
- Firefox: Delete more session restore files
- Google Chrome: fix error cleaning autofill_dates
- Adobe Reader: use wildcards instead of specific versions
- Clean netMRL history in VLC media player
- Clean GIMP version 2.8
- Improve support for Liferea
Beyond simply deleting files, BleachBit includes advanced features such as shredding files to prevent recovery, wiping free disk space to hide traces of files deleted by other applications, and vacuuming Firefox to make it faster. Better than free, BleachBit is open source.
To install Bleachbit using the PPA just run the following commands via your systems Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/programs-ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install bleachbit