PhotoCollage is a free and open source tool written in Python. It assembles the input photographs you give it to generate a big poster. Photos are arranged to fill the whole poster, however you can influence the algorithm to change the final layout. You can also set a custom border between photos, and save the generated image in the resolution you want.
- generate random new layouts until one suits the user
- choose border color and width
- save high-resolution image
- works even with a large number of photos (> 100)
- integrates into the GNOME environment
- available in English and French
To install just add the following PPA to your system.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dhor/myway sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install photo collage